Celebrate Taco Tuesday the right way with this quick and easy chicken tacos recipe! Top it with your choice of sour cream, chipotle tabasco sauce, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeños and cheese for a flavor punch the whole family will love!
Total time: 25 Minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (or about 1 tsp minced garlic)
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 8 to 12 tortillas or hard shell tacos
- 3 Tablespoons of water
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or homemade mixture below)
TACO SEASONING MIXTURE:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Queso fresco cheese, crumbled (or cheddar cheese if you prefer)
- Avocado, diced
- Jalapeños, diced
- Chipotle tabasco sauce
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the onions and garlic in the oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the cubed chicken and brown them for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the taco seasoning packet or mixture to the skillet with 3 tablespoons of water. Continue to cook until most of the liquid is absorbed and chicken is cooked through
- Next, assemble the tacos! Place the chicken in a tortilla or hard taco shell and top with your choice of tomatoes, cilantro, cheese, chipotle tabasco sauce, lime juice, avocado and sour cream.