Add Some Nutrients to your Diet with Seasonal Pumpkin and Spaghetti Squash Recipes
Why do we love pumpkin and squash? Well, besides the fact that they have a delicious sweet taste, they’re actually really healthy for you! Both pumpkins and squash are low in carbs and high in:
- Vitamin C and Antioxidants to help boost your immune system
- Beta Carotene to protect your eye site
- Fiber to help keep you fuller longer and aid in weight loss
- Vitamin A to make your skin glow
So, don’t be afraid to add some tasty pumpkin to your morning smoothie, overnight oats, or pumpkin muffins to start your day off right!
1. Beef and Pumpkin Shepherd’s Pie
But trust me – speaking from experience, this dish will be your new favorite autumn meal… and you won’t even want to eat it the old way.Photo Credit: Very Best Baking by NestleThe sweetness of the pumpkin and the savory taste of the Ground Certified Angus Beef™ makes the perfect Fall combination. With only 200 calories per serving and a boatload of nutrients from the pumpkin, this dish is waist friendly and ready to be served in just 40 minutes.
Get the Recipe from Very Best Baking by Nestle.
2. Sausage and Pumpkin Vegetable Hash This one-pan sausage and pumpkin vegetable hash can either be made as a fun Sunday brunch recipes with an egg on top or as a well-balanced family dinner – we’ll let you decide!
Not only is this dish loaded with nutrients but it’s also gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and Whole30 friendly.
Get the recipe from Eat the Grains.
3. Spaghetti Squash with Spicy Meat Sauce
This low carb high protein dinner is sure to go over well with your entire family. Replacing regular spaghetti noodles with spaghetti squash is a delicious way to cut carbs and actually add flavor.
Get the Recipe fromSpicy Southern Kitchen.
Do you have your own homemade special meat sauce?
Cook your sauce like you normally do and just follow these steps to make the spaghetti squash:
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds
- Brush both the inside and outside with olive oil
- Use a fork to poke a few holes into the outside of the squash
- Place the inside of the squash face down on a plate
- Microwave on HIGH 10 to 12 minutes or until squash is tender
- Let stand 5 minutes and then scrape squash with fork to separate strands
- Add the meat sauce overtop, and BAM! You’ve got yourself a fall twist on an Italian classic!
4. Chicken Pesto Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
This chicken pesto spaghetti squash recipe is low carb and filled with ooey gooey cheesey goodness. The pesto sauce is so good, you’ll be licking it off the spoon (trust me!)
And forget bowls – you can eat all this good stuff right out of the spaghetti squash shell, can you say yum?
Get the recipe from The Girl on Bloor.
Do you have a pumpkin or squash recipe that you want featured? Leave us a comment and don’t forget a picture!