We’ve been on the search for the best BBQ sauces and have finally narrowed it down to two deliciously unique recipes!
..and we’ll never go back to that generic BBQ sauce from the grocery store, and neither should you!
As a Five Star customer, your freezer is STOCKED with so many different meats, you’re might have a hard time choosing what to use these BBQ sauces on! So, our recommendations would be to wake your taste buds up by using them as a tasty addition to your:
Sweet Whiskey BBQ Sauce
A sweet BBQ sauce with quite the kick! If you’re a fan of whiskey, then this is a match made in heaven! The flavors of the whiskey compliment the brown sugar and molasses is such a perfect way.
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoons corn starch or all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 and 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup of Jack Daniels Whiskey (or any whiskey you like)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and bring it to a boil while constantly stirring. Be very careful here as it can bubble, pop and burn to the pan. So stir often!
- After the sauce has come to a boil reduce the heat to a brisk simmer for about 20 min. Keep stirring the sauce often. (If your sauce looks a little runny don’t worry it will thicken as it sits.)
- Strain dried onion flakes and put sauce in a container.
Note: It’s best to make this ahead of time and let it sit so all of the flavors come out!
Wild Blackberry BBQ Sauce
Is your mouth watering from the title alone? The fruity berry flavor combined with brown sugar, honey and spices is the perfect addition to chicken, ribs, and pork (…or just by the spoonful!)
- 3.5 cups of blackberries
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs yellow prepared mustard
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine 2.5 cups of the blackberries with the remaining ingredients except the water into a medium sized bowl.
- Using a hand held blender, blend all ingredients to desired consistency. (If you don’t have a hand held blender, you can use a standard blender or food processor.)
- Place the mixture in a saucepan and bring it to medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the water and the remaining whole berries. Increase heat to a low boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or to desired thickness. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and cool. Pour into a clean quart jar, seal and refrigerate.
Recipe: Wild Blackberry BBQ Sauce by Buy This Cook That
There’s a few other ways you can enjoy these BBQ recipes:
- Making a BBQ Dip like this one from Sweet Baby Ray’s
- Making a BBQ cream cheese cracker spread as an appetizer
- Using it as a sauce for your meatballs!
However you eat it, your tummy will be happy you took the extra time to make a home-made sauce for your meal!
Do you have a BBQ sauce recipe that you want to share? Leave us a comment!